Now it's easier than ever to get eBooks and eAudio Books on your Kindle fire!
Before you begin, make sure there's a credit card or method of payment associated with your Amazon account.
To get the app, on your Kindle Fire connect to the Internet then follow these steps:
- Click Apps on the home page
- Click Store
- Enter the search term "overdrive"
- Click Search
- Select OverDrive for Kindle Fire
- Click Free
- Click Get App
- It will begin downloading and installing the app. when it's done
- Click OpenNow your just about ready to get your books, but you need to set your library the first time
so you don't have to do it every time.To set your library follow these steps:
- Click Kindle Fire Menu icon (at the bottom of the Kindle Fire in the middle)
- Click Get Books
Note: you will do steps 1-2 each time you want to get books.
- Click Add a Library
- Enter your zipcode
- Select your library from the list of libraries
- Click the Star to turn it yellow (this is so you don't have to repeat these steps every
time you want to get books.)
- Click the Library Name
- Browse or search for your books
- Add them to your eMedia Bag
- Click Checkout
- Click Download button
- They will download into the app
Other key updates:
- Redesigned audiobook player
- Support for ActionBar (OMC for Android (Honeycomb and newer)
- Share what you’re reading on Goodreads (as well as Facebook, Twitter and via email)