For those on the fence about getting a dog, these titles will pull at your heartstrings:
- Thunder Dog
- The Dog Who Couldn't Stop Loving
- Purebred Rescue Dog Adoption
- A Big Little Life A Memoir of a Joyful Dog Named Trixie
- One Good Dog
- For the Love of a Dog Understanding Emotion in You and Your Best Friend
- Marley & Me Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
- A Dog's Journey
- Dog Years A Memoir
- Please, Oh Please Can We Get a Dog
- A Dog Is a Dog
- Dog Den Mystery
- Lucky Dog Days Pee Wee Scouts Series, Book 3
- Go, Dog. Go!
For those who are ready to adopt, here are some excellent resources for training their new friend:
- 10 Minute Obedience How to Effectively Train Your Dog in 10 Minutes a Day
- Be the Pack Leader Use Cesar's Way to Transform Your Dog . . . and Your Life
- ABC Practical Guide to Dog Training
- PuppyPerfect The user-friendly guide to puppy parenting
Finally, an all-time favorite combining dogs and Halloween:
- The Ultimate Dog Treat Cookbook Homemade Goodies for Man's Best Friend
Luna was adopted from the Las Vegas NSPCA in November 2006. She is a sweetheart.
Have you adopted a dog or cat?