Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Trivia

Richard Lederer, in Literary Trivia, looks into the real and imagined settings that authors create and use.

Who wrote about these settings, and in which book(s)?

Brewster Place
East Egg
Lowood
The Hundred Acre Wood
Waverley Honour


Here's the answer to last week's trivia question:
(Also from Richard Lederer's Literary Trivia)

Can you identify the books with these notable endings?

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I hve ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever know."
- A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens

"After all, tomorrow is another day."
- Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell

"Villains! I shrieked, dissemble no more! I admit the deed! - - tear up the planks! - - here! here! - - it is the beating of his hideous heart!"
- "The Tell-Tale Heart," Edgar Allan Poe

"But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me and I can't stand it. I been there before."
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain

No comments: