Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Trivia

Richard Lederer, in Literary Trivia, points out that sometimes it's harder to end a book than it is to begin one.

Can you identify the books with these notable endings?

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."

"After all, tomorrow is another day."

"Villains! I shrieked, dissemble no more! I admit the deed! - - tear up the planks! - - here! here! - it is the beating of his hideous heart!"

"But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me and I can't stand it. I been there before."



Here's the answer to last week's trivia question:
(Also from Richard Lederer's Literary Trivia)

What horticulturally inspired piece did each of these authors write?

Ray Bradbury.....Dandelion Wine
Fannie Flagg.....Fried green tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
Lorraine Hansberry ..... A raisin in the sun
Stephen King..... Children of the corn

No comments: